Sunday 15 April 2012

foodie, and odds and ends

Photobucket

Photobucket

I always take so many pictures when travelling (or even when not travelling), and often there are leftovers that don't fit into a coherent post... so here's an incoherent post, showing a few more moments from Easter weekend (because I'm still in denial that it's over, I guess).

After we left Collioure, we drove up to a similarly picturesque mountain town called Céret. There was a lovely view of the surrounding mountains in the setting sun from "The Devil's Bridge." And those pretty purple flowers...

Photobucket

Photobucket

That night we stayed in Roses, only an hour from Barcelona on the Costa Brava. We didn't really get up to anything, except stuffing ourselves silly on a three course menu. The "first" course was paella, and they brought us an entire frying pan of it to share. I have no idea how I managed to stuff down beef stroganoff and then mel i mato (a dessert consisting of soft, mild cheese covered in honey) afterwards.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In the morning we pretty much had to head to Barcelona to return the car, but not before I'd gone, bare-legged but wearing my winter coat, down to the beach to breathe some more sea air and sink my toes into the sand. I. cannot. wait. for summer!

And Sunday night basically involved eating an enormous plate of cheese... outfit post at an iconic Barcelona location, from my pre-cheese state coming next time!

Photobucket

16 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

So much awesomeness! I always take a ton of photos too, haha...speaking of photos I need to decide which ones from London to print... XDXD
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Unknown said...

Wonderful photos love the one of the house and you on the beach, the food is making me peckish! x

chantilly said...

that cheese plate looks so decadent... yumm! xoxo :)

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

@Hannah: it's making me peckish too! And typically, I have no food in the house... : (

Josephine Pearl said...

oooh all this food look so delicious.

Josephine xx

sweet harvest moon said...

that cheese plate! I'm hungry now :p

Lia said...

Amazing photos :)

Lia
http://theperksofbeingagirlygirl.blogspot.com/

Shybiker said...

Mmm... your posts are so enjoyable.

Amber said...

that water must have been freezing! I would have done the same thing though ;)

Annebeth said...

I love your bits and bobs. Those lilacs at that balcony, gorgeous!!

Ashley said...

I REALLY want to try that desert...yummmm!

P.S. *sending you good job vibes*

Monique said...

the food looks incredible! i'm a huge fan of stinky cheese! yum. loving this mish mash of photos.

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

Such lovely trip photos, I love it! You look so happy in all of these :)

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

I guess we both got a bit tired of ambling around in tights and decided to shed them despite the temps!

The shot of the balcony and flowers is gorgeous! Were they lilacs? I bet they smelled heavenly.

ana said...

I want that plate of cheese!!! I love your pics... it really makes me spend some days in Barcelona!

Ashley/ MILK TEETHS said...

that cheese plate!!!! there are no words.